Today I worked from home and was very productive.
I hammered out a powerpoint presentation on Balanced Reading instruction and thought through some key points and tough questions. I did some reading on preschool education and the transition to school-- it made me think more about WHO teaches, especially in the early elementary grades. Now I'm reading about California's policies regarding CELDT and ELLs. I was surprised to learn that the ELL testing program was initiated in 1999- which seems so recent and explains the dearth of research on this very important topic! I know I should review and practice my presentation, but I also want to squeeze in some rest and relaxation tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your day sounds so interesting Sarah! We had a policy group meeting (my group from Bruce's class), and I had a research group meeting with Cynthia. Now turning to Stats Project that is due Thursday. Ugh!
I might have to steal your "productivity" category--that's a really good one! I sort-of captured it in the "Ups and Downs of Ph.D. study" category, but I like productivity better. So much of what we do in grad school is learning to manage our own productivity, isn't it?!
Post a Comment