Monday, August 18, 2008

Two courses, two papers, one goal

I will be taking two meaty courses during the fall semester- Public Organization Theory and Qualitative Methods. The organization theory course is in the Political Science department at Berkeley and will let me go deeper into theories related to organizational change and policy implementation. The methods course will teach me how to design a rigorous research project, including choosing sites and informants, writing interview questions, and coding data.

It seems possible for the poli sci course paper to be a draft of a literature review on organizational change. I could use organization theory to analyze literature, but I need to think more about WHAT literature ;) Hmm.

I hope to write a paper for the methods course that includes some preliminary findings about catalytic strength. But I do not think my school sites will be Reading First schools, so I need to think more about the specific policies being implemented by school level actors. Hmm, again :)

Yes, there's much to think about, but it sustains me to draw connections between my course work and my numero-uno goal of making significant progress this school year!

No comments: