Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Divine '09

When I was a kid, I always wrote reflections on the year around this time of year. I still think it's important to record the ups and downs to understand what's happened and where life will go next. In terms of my progression as a graduate student, 2008 has flown by!!

In 2008, I completed the core POME courses, including statistics. I learned how to navigate Stata and how to efficiently search for literature. My confidence increased in sharing my works-in-progress with fellow students. I became more active in POME activities, including faculty searches and talking with prospective students.

I taught myself a great deal about organizational learning theory and put together my first solo AERA proposal. My adviser and I completed coding on a large pool of data. I also put together a pilot study and conducted my first interviews and observations. That means I transcribed interviews and wrote pages and pages of field notes. My writing improved.

Although 2008 was great, I know there is still much for me to do and to learn...Cheers to a brilliantly productive AND divine 2009!!