Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dancing with districts

Site recruitment and selection is tough stuff and involves an odd type of matchmaking process! Basically, when I thought studying theory was hard, I had no idea about the challenges of getting into the field and dealing with what's going on in the 'real world'. I've emailed and called and visited. I've left messages, asked questions, and gotten invited to meetings. Ooh-la la!

I just ordered my UC Berkeley business cards exclaiming my PhD candidate status :> Fancy town, if I do say so myself.

My heart sometimes skips a beat when I get an email or phone call from a potential district/site/coach. Tralala, it must be love OR it's the bizarro world of dissertation research ;)

1 comment:

Amanda@runninghood said...

Glad to have found your blog. Looks like we have some common interests. I'm currently taking some time to be at home with my kids but long term I'd love to go back to get my Doctorate and research literacy. Teaching Reading and Writing and working to reform how we teach reading and writing is a HUGe passion of mine. Excited to live vicariously through your blog. :)