Thursday, August 9, 2007
August and Flying
Well, the summer has flown by! After getting married, flying to Greece to lounge like a professional, and swinging back to California, it was time to dive into a research project on reading instruction in Massachusetts. The project really matches my interests--teachers' work, what influences teachers' thinking about their students and subject matter, and instructional policy. Some days I come home feeling victorious because I've learned something new about NDIST, but there are other days when my eyes are just really, really tired. Now it's August, and the Bay Area fog is back and there's no stopping the clock....classes are just around the corner! I want to think carefully before committing to classes and research groups, as well as other projects ;) I hope to keep my focus, throughout my coursework this semester, on my interests. Yeh, it sounds self-centered, but I'm pretty sure it's an important part of grad school :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment