Saturday, November 3, 2007

One year

I admit it--working on my POME annual review on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon isn't ideal, but....it made me appreciate all that I've learned in the past year. And, maybe even more importantly, it got me fired up for where I want to be in another year. I think if I subdivide the mountain of grad school into year-long chunks, then I can take it in a bit easier.

So, a year ago- I was taking 1st year courses, with few options, and I was getting my feet wet in policy research by reviewing Reading First policy documents. I was beginning to get comfortable with NUDIST.

In a year, my goal is to complete a pre-qualifying paper and refine my areas of specialization, as well as begin to develop an oral reading list. I feel that additional advice, from my advisors, peers, and research group, about planning and writing a pre-qualifying will help me reach my goals. I'm certain that I'll have time in January and over the summer to grapple with pre-qualifying paper topics and mapping out my areas of specialization.

No comments: