Thursday, September 18, 2008

No circles

How do you keep your work and the arguments within your work nice and tidy? I feel like a lot of my ideas are circular, and circular logic doesn't always work out so well.

I'd like my polisci paper to go somewhere....I know it should examine literature that plays a role in training teachers, principals, and/or superintendents and check how that literature is presenting the way that schools, as terrifically complex organizations, work- or don't work.

The point is not how these practitioners are trained. The point is not about teacher education (a whole other ball of wax). Hmm, it's actually helping me to write about what my paper will NOT be about!

The point IS to snoop around and figure out how this literature is using organization theory.
  • Does the literature think organizations are rational places?
  • Does it think people matter in organizations?
  • Does it think that the boss should make all decisions?

No comments: