All giant steps begin with a notebook. Today I purchased a notebook to officially commence studying for orals. Though I realize that every day of grad school has helped form and prepare me for orals, I also think that this aqua-colored Cal notebook is going to be put to good use. I want to record my thoughts about my areas of specialization, as well as my plans for studying in this notebook (and, who knows, there could even be a need for a second studying notebook!).
Today I made a chart with each of my three areas, and I jotted notes about the intersections between those areas. This kind of studying can reveal the gaps, both in the literature/research out there and in my knowledge! I'll definitely keep the blog updated on my aqua notebook's rollercoaster ride of studying...
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it Sarah! I've definitely done that at times. With orals it ended up being a legal pad for some reason...
You're going to do an amazing job in orals, I haven't a hint of doubt about it.
Post a Comment